Auditions & Employment
Auditions for Principal Artists
Nashville Opera does not routinely schedule individual auditions throughout the season. Our principal artist and mainstage auditions are typically held in New York in the fall. All inquiries must be made by regular mail. We do not accept or respond to inquiries or materials sent via e-mail, fax, or telephone.
To request an audition, please send a letter, resume, and recent photo to:
Anne Dickson Rogers
3622 Redmon Street
Nashville, TN 37209
Please do not send recordings or other materials not listed above
Auditions for Chorus
Nashville Opera auditions trained classical singers each spring for the upcoming season by appointment only. The chorus for 2016-17 has been fully cast.
• Must be 18 or older, vocal training and experience preferred
• Be prepared to sing one memorized aria or classical solo in any language that features your range and volume.
• Bring a double-sided copy of the music in a binder for the accompanist.
• Arrive early to complete paperwork.
• Appointments are five minutes per singer.
Supernumeraries, non-singing roles, are occasionally available for productions. For more information please call the Nashville Opera at 615.832.5242.
Mary Ragland Young Artist Program
Nashville Opera Fellows Program
Nashville Opera has no open staff positions at this time.
Be part of the largest opera company in Tennessee and look "behind the scenes" at a non-profit arts organization by exploring the internship opportunities available at Nashville Opera. Our internship program will challenge students both personally and professionally. The staff strives to ensure that an internship serves to enhance the student’s educational experience and career development. All interns become integral members of the department(s) they work in and gain valuable experience while making professional contacts.
All internships are unpaid positions, although all interns will receive two season tickets to Nashville Opera. Housing is not included in the internship.
Applications for Fall 2016 internships are due by September 1, 2016. The internship period is September-December 2016, and Nashville Opera will work with the student’s schedule and requirements to determine the length and hours of the internship.
TO APPly, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• Cover letter indicating why you have an interest in working in the arts and specific areas you would like to learn more about (general arts administration, education, marketing and PR, etc.)
• Résumé including present and permanent addresses, education, and work experience
• Writing sample of no more than three pages (class paper, newspaper article, etc.) that you believe represents your writing ability well.
• Two letters of recommendation from professors, past intern supervisors, or other persons with knowledge of your work ethic.
Submit application materials to:
Anna Young, Director of Education and Outreach