Auditions for Principal Artists
Nashville Opera does not routinely schedule individual auditions throughout the season. Our principal artist and mainstage auditions are typically held in New York in the fall. All inquiries must be made by regular mail. We do not accept or respond to inquiries or materials sent via e-mail, fax, or telephone.
To request an audition, please send a letter, resume, and recent photo to:
Anne Dickson Rogers
3622 Redmon Street
Nashville, TN 37209
Please do not send recordings or other materials not listed above.
Supernumeraries, non-singing roles, are occasionally available for productions. For more information please call the Nashville Opera at 615.832.5242.
Auditions for the Chorus
Auditions are held each spring for the upcoming season at the Noah Liff Opera Center. The chorus has been cast for the 2019-20 season. Please check back here for information about 2020-21 auditions.
• Must be 18 or older, vocal training and experience preferred
• Be prepared to sing one memorized Italian aria or art song (sung at maximum volume).
• Bring a double-sided copy of the music in a 3-ring black binder for the accompanist (provided).
• Arrive early to complete paperwork.
• Appointments are 8 minutes per singer
Be part of the largest opera company in Tennessee and look behind the scenes at a non-profit arts organization by exploring the internship opportunities available at Nashville Opera. Our internship program will challenge students both personally and professionally. The staff strives to ensure that an internship serves to enhance the student’s educational experience and career development. All interns become integral members of the department(s) they work in and gain valuable experience while making professional contacts.
All internships are unpaid positions, although all interns will receive two season tickets to Nashville Opera. Housing is not included in the internship.
Nashville Opera will work with the student’s schedule and requirements to determine the length and hours of the internship.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• Cover letter indicating why you have an interest in working in the arts and specific areas you would like to learn more about (general arts administration, education, marketing and PR, etc.)
• Résumé including present and permanent addresses, education, and work experience
• Writing sample of no more than three pages (class paper, newspaper article, etc.) that you believe represents your writing ability well.
• One letter of recommendation from a professor, past intern supervisor, or other person with knowledge of your work ethic.
Submit application materials to:
Anna Young, Director of Education and Outreach