Auditions for Principal Artists
Nashville Opera does not routinely schedule individual auditions throughout the season. Our principal artist and mainstage auditions are typically held in New York in the fall. All inquiries must be made by regular mail. We do not accept or respond to inquiries or materials sent via e-mail, fax, or telephone.
To request an audition, please send a letter, resume, and recent photo to:
Anne Dickson Rogers
3622 Redmon Street
Nashville, TN 37209
Please do not send recordings or other materials not listed above.
Auditions for our Emerging Artist Program
Auditions are held by invitation only in New York City each December. Applications for the 2024-2025 season will open in the fall of 2023 on yaptracker.com.
We are still in need of a pianist for our 23-24 MREA Program. Email
Learn more about the Mary Ragland Emerging Artist Program.
Supernumeraries, non-singing roles, are occasionally available for productions. For more information please call the Nashville Opera at 615.832.5242.
Auditions for the Chorus
Auditions for the 23.24 chorus will be held on Monday, June 19th 2023 from 6pm-10pm, and Tuesday, June 27th 2023 from 6pm-10pm at the Noah Liff Opera Center (3622 Redmon St.). Please email
The Nashville Opera Chorus will be involved in Pagliacci (Sept. 21 & 23, 2023), Florencia en el Amazonas (Jan. 26-28, 2024), and The Magic Flute (April 12 & 13, 2024).
• Must be 18 or older, vocal training and experience preferred.
• Be prepared to sing one memorized aria or art song, preferably in Italian, that demonstrates VOLUME, range, and expression.
• Bring a double-sided copy of the music in a 3-ring black binder for the accompanist (provided).
• Arrive early to complete paperwork.
• Appointments are 8 minutes per singer
We are now accepting applications for the spring and summer semesters of 2024.
Be part of the largest opera company in Tennessee and look behind the scenes at a non-profit arts organization by exploring the internship opportunities available at Nashville Opera. Our internship program will challenge students both personally and professionally. The staff strives to ensure that an internship serves to enhance the student’s educational experience and career development. All interns become integral members of the department(s) they work in and gain valuable experience while making professional contacts.
All internships are unpaid positions, although all interns will receive two season tickets to Nashville Opera. Housing is not included in the internship.
Nashville Opera will work with the student’s schedule and requirements to determine the length and hours of the internship.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• Cover letter indicating why you have an interest in working in the arts and specific areas you would like to learn more about (general arts administration, education, marketing and PR, etc.)
• Résumé including present and permanent addresses, education, and work experience
• Writing sample of no more than three pages (class paper, newspaper article, etc.) that you believe represents your writing ability well
• One letter of recommendation from a professor, past intern supervisor, or other person with knowledge of your work ethic.